OneConnect OCe14102-NX Dual-Port, 10GBASE-CR (Direct Attach Copper) SFP+ Ethernet Network Adapter
As the fourth generation of the Emulex OneConnect® product line, the OCe14000 family of Ethernet network adapters provides high performance 10Gb Ethernet (10GbE) and 40GbE connectivity delivering multiple benefits for the enterprise cloud, including:
- Increasing data center IT agility and scalability through deployment of a secure multi-tenant cloud
- Optimizing server hardware utilization by scaling high density virtualization
- Delivering user-controlled bandwidth partitioning across workloads and management services
The OCe14000 family of 10Gb and 40Gb Ethernet network adapters is designed for the high bandwidth and scalability demands of enterprise applications, more scalable virtualization with support for enhanced Single-Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV) and NIC port partitioning, and next-generation Virtual Network Fabric (VNF) networking technologies that address the requirements virtual machine (VM) mobility and massive scaling of Layer 2 subnets inside private or hybrid cloud infrastructures.
Emulex Virtual Network Exceleration (VNeX™) Virtual Network Fabric Offloads for Multi-Tenant Cloud Networking
Scaling existing technologies for private or public multi-tenant infrastructures requires networking solutions that can enable VM-to-VM communication and virtual workload migration across Layer2 and Layer 3 boundaries without impacting connectivity or performance.
At the same time, these solutions need to ensure isolation and security for thousands or millions of tenant networks. However, with existing technology, the available 4094 VLAN IDs are insufficient to isolate/secure each tenant in a data center (private cloud) or hybrid cloud environment.
VMware’s Virtual Extensible Local Area Network (VXLAN) and Microsoft’s Network Virtualization using Generic Routing Encapsulation (NVGRE) are next-generation VNF overlay networking solutions that address these requirements. VNF solutions are a MAC-in-IP data packet encapsulation scheme enabling the creation of virtualized Layer 2 subnets that can span physical L3 IP networks. Traffic from each VM is mapped to a specific virtual network; the packets are then routed transparently over the existing physical infrastructure.
Emulex VNeX offload technology powered by a multi-core adapter ASIC engine accelerates the performance of network virtualization by offloading the header encapsulation process, while simultaneously preserving legacy stateless TCP offloads, providing full native network performance in a virtual network environment.
Optimized Host Virtualization Density with SR-IOV Support
SR-IOV optimizes I/O for VMs, enabling higher host server virtualization ratios to deliver maximum server ROI. SR-IOV provides a more cost-effective solution than multiple, physical adapter ports. SR-IOV enables multiple VMs to directly access the OCe14000’s I/O resources, thus allowing VM networking I/O to bypass the host and take a path directly between the VM and the adapter, eliminating redundant I/O processing in the hypervisor. This, in turn, allows higher I/O performance and lower CPU utilization as compared to the alternative of software-emulated NIC devices that are implemented in the hypervisor.
Optimized Bandwidth Allocation with Emulex Universal Multi-Channel Port Partitioning
Emulex Universal Multi-Channel (UMC) allows multiple PCI functions to be created on each adapter port. As a network adapter, each port on the OCe14000 can be configured with up to four NIC functions, for a total of eight NIC functions on a twoport adapter. UMC is ideal for virtualized server environments because bandwidth allocation can be optimized to support virtual machine migration, management and I/O intensive applications.
Simplified Management OneCommand® Manager Application
The OneCommand Manager application provides centralized management of Emulex OneConnect CNAs and LightPulse® HBAs throughout the data center from a single management console. The OneCommand Manager application provides a graphical user interface (GUI) and a scriptable command line user interface (CLI). OneCommand Manager for VMware is fully integrated with VMware vCenter to simplify management for virtual server deployments.
Fourth Generation Platform Delivers Enterprise-Class Reliability & Performance
Leveraging generations of advanced, field-proven controller and adapter technology, OCe14000 adapters meet the robust interoperability and reliability requirements of enterprise and scale-out data centers.
- Maximizes server hardware ROI with high virtual machine density
- Simplifies deployment of secure, scalable multitenant cloud infrastructures
- Accelerates applications performance
- Provides the bandwidth needed for slot constrained server platforms
- Reduces complexity through the deployment of a common network platform
- Reduces management and infrastructure costs
- Superior network scalability-10GbE or 40GbE bandwidth on common software platform
- Powerful hardware offload for:
- Virtual Network Fabrics (NVGRE and VXLAN)
- Stateless TCP n Greater bandwidth with PCIe 3.0
- VMware vSphere NetQueue support
- Microsoft Windows Server VMQ and Dynamic VMQ support
- Emulex Engine, XE100 series controllers
- Single IEEE 802.3ba 40GBASE Ethernet port (40GBASE-SR4/40GBASE-CR4)
- Single or Dual IEEE 802.3-2008 10GBASE Ethernet ports (10GBASE-SR/10GBASE-LR/10GBASE-CR)
- IEEE 802.1Q virtual LANs (VLAN)
- IEEE 802.3x Flow control with Pause frames
- IEEE 802.1Qbg Edge Virtual Bridging
- IEEE 802.1Qaz Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS); Data Center Bridging Capability Exchange (DCBX)
- IEEE 802.1Qbb Priority Flow Control (PFC)
- IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation/LACP
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
Ethernet Network Interface (Layer 2 NIC) and TCP/IP
- NDIS 5.2, 6.0, 6.2, 6.3-compliant Ethernet functionality
- IPv4/IPv6 TCP, UDP checksum offload
- IPv4/IPv6 Receive Side Scaling (RSS)
- IPv4/IPv6 Large Receive Offload (LRO)
- IPv4/IPv6 Large Send Offload (LSO)
- Dynamic VMQ (Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V) and NetQueue (VMware vSphere)
- Programmable MAC and VLAN addresses
- 128 MAC/VLAN addresses per port
- Support for hash-based Multicast MAC address filters
- Support for hash-based Broadcast frame filters per port
- VLAN offloads (insertion and extraction)
- Jumbo frame support up to 9200 Bytes
- Stateless L2, L3, and L4 offloads for frame-in-frame encapsulation (VXLAN, NVGRE)
- PCI-SIG Address Translation Service (ATS) v1.0
- Support for up to 512 hardware queues
- Virtual Switch Port Mirroring for diagnostic purposes
- Virtual Ethernet Bridging (VEB)
- OneConnect Universal Multi-Channel™ (UMC), support for 4 NIC partitions or functions per physical port
- NIC SR-IOV:
- For 1x10G and 1x40G: up to 63 VFs per port
- For 2x10G: up to 31 VFs per port
- QoS for controlling and monitoring bandwidth assigned to and used by virtual entities
- Configurable control of network bandwidth by physical port, queue, or protocol
- Traffic shaping and QoS across each VF and PF
Converged Enhanced Ethernet (CEE) and Datacenter Bridging (DCB)
- IEEE 802.1Qbb Priority Flow Control (PFC)
- IEEE 802.1Qaz Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS)
- IEEE 802.1Qaz Data Center Bridging Exchange (DCBX)
- Absolute per-priority rate control option/ configuration
PCI Express (PCIe) Interface
- PCIe Gen 3.0 x8 (8, 5.0, and 2.5 GT/s per lane) compliant interface:
- Up to 64 Gb/s full duplex bandwidth
- Configurable width and speed to optimize power versus bandwidth
- Support for up to 8 PCIe physical functions (PFs)
- Support for x1, x2, x4, and x8 links widths
- Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV)
- For 1x10G and 1x40G: up to 63 virtual functions (VFs) per port
- For 2x10G: up to 31 VFs per port
- Message Signal Interrupts (MSI-X)
- Advanced Error Reporting (AER)
- Support for D0 and D3 (hot and cold) power management modes
- Completion Timeout (CTO)
- Function Level Reset (FLR)
Comprehensive OS Support
- Windows Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
- Oracle Linux
- VMware vSphere
Management, Boot Support
- vCenter management plugin support
- Role-based management, integrated with Active Directory and LDAP
- Multi-channel configuration and bandwidth control
- UEFI and x86 remote boot support including PXE v2.1, UEFI 2.3.1
- Offline and online firmware updates
- Integrated Thermal Sensor works with management utilities
Please refer to the product page on www.emulex.com
for further details.
- QSFP+ Direct Attached Twin-Ax Copper Interface
- Optic 40GBASE-SR4 short wave lasers with MPO type connector supported up to 100m for OM3 and 150m for OM4 respectively on MMF cables
- Short, low profile MD2 form factor card
- 167.64mm x 68.91mm (6.60” x 2.71”)
- Standard bracket installed (low-profile bracket available)
- Operating temperature: 0° to 55°C (32° to 131°F)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 70°C (-40° to 158°F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
Agency and Safety Approvals
Class 1 Laser Product per DHHS 21CFR (J) and EN60825-1*
- UL recognized to UL 60950-1 2nd edition
- cUR recognized to CSA22.2, No. 60950-1-07
- TUV Bauart-certified to EN60950-1:2006 +A11+A1+A12
- FCC Part 15, Class A
- ICES-003:2012, Class A
- EMC Directive 2004/108/EC (CE Mark)
- EN55022:2010, Class A
- Australian EMC Framework (C-Tick Mark)
- AS/NZS CISPR:2009 +A1, Class A
- VCCI Class A
- BSMI Class A
- MSIP (formally KCC/MIC), Class A
- EU RoHS Compliant (Directive 2011/65/EU)
- China RoHS Compliant
- OneCommand™ Manager for VMware vCenter: (OCM for VMware) enables comprehensive control of Emulex connectivity solutions from VMware’s vCenter management console
- OneCommand Manager: Provides centralized management of Emulex LightPulse and OneConnect adapters in local and remote servers.
- OneCommand Manager enables secure, centralized discovery, monitoring, reporting, and administration of Fibre Channel and Ethernet adapters on local and remote hosts. Powerful automation capabilities facilitate remote driver parameter, firmware and boot code upgrades.
- Management functions can be performed with the graphical user interface (GUI) and the scriptable Command Line Interface (CLI). With in-band and out-of-band HBA management, Emulex provides data center administrators with the greatest level of management flexibility.
- Role-based management secures adapter administration on remote servers with privileges based on Light Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and Active Directory (AD) group memberships.
- Universal Multi-Channel (UMC) management allows four NIC functions to be created for each physical port on 10GbE adapters. Adapters that support network storage will have one NIC function replaced with an FCoE or iSCSI function. Ideally suited for virtual server deployments, bandwidth can be allocated for high-demand virtual machines (VMs), cluster support, VM migration and system management.
- Automated installation and configuration of driver and management tools simplifies deployment of multiple adapters for Windows environments. A single installation of drivers and management utilities eliminates multiple reboots and ensures that each component is installed correctly and adapters are ready to use.
- Universal Boot allows the appropriate boot environment to be automatically selected for the server. Online Boot from SAN setup can be used to preconfigures servers to simplify deployments and reduce system management time
- Environmental monitoring helps to optimize SAN availability. Detailed real-time event logging and tracing enables quick diagnosis of SAN problems. Beaconing can be used to flash adapter LEDs, simplifying adapter identification within server racks.
- Management instrumentation complies with Open Management Standards, such as SMI-S and common HBA API support, enabling seamless upward integration into enterprise storage and server management solutions.
OCe14101-NX • Single-port, 10GBASE-CR (direct attach copper) SFP+, Ethernet Network Adapter
OCe14101-NM • Single-port, 10GBASE-SR (short reach optical) SFP+, Ethernet Network Adapter, Optics included
OCe14102-NX • Dual-port, 10GBASE-CR (direct attach copper) SFP+, Ethernet Network Adapter
OCe14102-NM • Dual-port, 10GBASE-SR (short reach optical) SFP+, Ethernet Network Adapter, Optics included
OCe14401-NX • Single-port, 40GBASE-CR4 (direct attach copper) QSFP+, Ethernet Network Adapter
OC10-SR-OPT-1 • 10GBASE-SR (short reach optical) SFP+ Optical Kit, 1 pc
OC10-SR-OPT-2 • 10GBASE-SR (short reach optical) SFP+ Optical Kit, 2 pcs
OC10-LR-OPT-1 • 10GBASE-LR (long reach optical) SFP+ Optical Kit, 1 pc, for Ethernet use only
OC40-SR4-OPT-1 • 40GBASE-SR4 (short reach optical)
* Only Emulex Accessories are warranted and fully supported by Technical Support
Three-year standard manufacturer warranty
, including telephone and e-mail support.