Your privacy is a priority at Colfax International, and we go to great lengths to protect it.
How much information must I provide?
The amount and type of information we collect from you depends on your activities and use of our website. Below, we explain what information we collect.
When you browse our website
- IP address: We collect your IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide a relevant shopping experience.
- Referral website: If you come to our website via a link, we collect the location of the link that referred you.
- Browser type: We collect information about the browser you are using to help optimize our website for visitors.
- Movements through our website: We keep track of pages you visit to help provide you with a more personalized shopping experience.
When you make purchases through our website
- We collect your name, address and payment information to process your order. We do not collect or store credit card numbers on our website, you may provide credit card and purchase order numbers only by telephone.
- We collect information contained in “cookies,” such as your purchases and log in data, to personalize your shopping experience. Your browser must be set to accept cookies if you wish to add items to a shopping cart.
When you create an Electronic Account on our website
- We collect your user name, password, e-mail address, secret question, and answer to your secret question to protect your Electronic Account. We use your secret question and answer to identify you as the account user if you have forgotten your password. You can help us ensure your privacy by not sharing your user name or password.
When you e-mail product information to a friend or colleague through our website
- We collect your e-mail address and the e-mail address of the person to whom you are sending the product information.
When you communicate with us through our website
- We collect your e-mail address and the other information that you provide in order to respond to your communication.
When you register for other activities on our website
- We collect your name, e-mail address and telephone number, and the other information that is required for entry or participation, which varies depending on the activity.
Is my personal or account information used for any other purpose?
We may use your personal and account information to provide products or services you have requested, respond to a communication from you, contact you, and as otherwise described in this policy.
We may occasionally send you promotional or product information. If you do not wish to receive promotional or product information, you may opt out of future communications by following the instructions in the e-mail communication or contacting your account manager.
If you become our customer, we may send you updates on important information about our company and services.
Will my personal and account information be provided to any other party?
We restrict access to your personal and account information to those who need access to use it as set forth in this policy. Only authorized personnel are permitted to see your Electronic Account password. Your other personal and account information may be disclosed to third parties in limited circumstances. For example, we may share your personal and account information with our service providers and strategic partners and with suppliers and other entities involved in transactions you have initiated. We may disclose your personal and account information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, as required by law, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. Your personal and account information may also be disclosed in connection with a sale of some or all of our business or a merger with another company.
How can I give you feedback or contact you?
Simply click the [Contact Us] link on the website home page. Please note that messages become our property and, unless you direct otherwise, may be used by us for promotional purposes.
How can I correct inaccurate information?
You may correct some personal and account information maintained in your Electronic Account through your Electronic Account. To correct any other information, please contact your account manager. If you do not know your account manager, call us at: (408) 730-2275.
Last revision: 1/24/08