Solarflare® SFA7942Q ApplicationOnload™ Engine (AOE) is the second generation of the product moving application processing into the network adapter to accelerate real-time network application performance. SFA7942Q comprises an innovative integration of an advanced FPGA onboard Solarflare’s industry-leading low-latency 40GbE server adapter. SFA7942Q is an open platform that supports applications developed by Solarflare, customers, and third-party developers.
SFA7942Q provides users a unique advantage with an open platform for "on-thefly" processing of network data that combines the industry’s highest performing, lowest latency server adapter with an advanced FPGA acceleration engine. By processing data in hardware before it’s presented to the server CPU, the SFA7942Q reduces application run-times, decreases overall latency, and minimizes server CPU workloads. As a result, users can expect to see dramatic improvements in application performance, while maintaining full compatibility with Solarflare’s existing server adapter drivers and OpenOnload middleware.
Architecture for Application Acceleration
The SFA7942Q architecture enables users to migrate portions of their business logic – that can be parallelized and perform faster in hardware – to the FPGA. This provides users the ability to optimize their compute and network infrastructure for specific application processing loads. SFA7942Q’s bump-in-thewire architecture also enables a seamless, low-latency and high throughput data path to host applications by reducing message transit time compared to alternative solutions, and leveraging its tight integration with Solarflare’s OpenOnload network acceleration.
Comprehensive Development Environment
Customized applications can be easily developed and deployed utilizing AOE’s comprehensive development environment with the SFA7942Q and the AOE Open Firmware Development Kit (FDK). AOE accelerates deployment time as well as processing time with a highly-integrated FPGA subsystem featuring tools, services, APIs, and a full data path infrastructure. More details are available in Solarflare’s AOE FDK product brief.
Unique Features & Benefits
AOE provides the following benefits for financial services and other applications:
• Accelerate applications with real-time processing on the industry-leading, lowlatency network adapter lowering overall latency
• Improve server utilization by reducing CPU, memory, and I/O load which saves processing cycles for other applications
• Significantly reduce FPGA resource utilization by exploiting advanced DMA engines and flow steering capabilities of the SFC9120 controller
• Leverage industry-proven low-latency drivers and Solarflare's unique OpenOnload stack
• Simplify development and reduce deployment time with Solarflare’s comprehensive AOE Open FDK development environment
• Choose from Solarflare-developed applications, pre-existing applications from Solarflare’s developer community, or customized applications